As your marketing team grows (or as your network of collaborators grows), it becomes harder and harder to manage work via emails, spreadsheets and chat messages. When upgrading to a marketing collaboration tool, consider these five essential areas as you assess your options:
1) Document Collaboration – is it easy to collaborate on a document with multiple people and to leave notes and edits for each other?
2) File Management & Storage – can you easily upload and manage key work files?
3) Mobile Collaboration App – is there a mobile app that allows you to work on the go?
4) Project Visualization – can you visualize the status of your key projects? Can you see how you’re doing against the plan?
5) Real-Time Updates – can you easily get an update without sending an email or scheduling a meeting? If things change, do you get an update on that?
See this handy guide to selecting a marketing collaboration tool that works for you.
What are you looking for in a collaboration tool?
Let us know in the comments.
Tom Treanor is the founder of the Right Mix Marketing blog. He’s the author of the Search Engine Boot Camp, the co-author of Online Business Productivity, and regularly speaks at industry and corporate events. His writing has been featured on the Content Marketing Institute, Social Media Examiner, Copyblogger and other leading industry blogs.