The other day I was looking for a way to protect a client’s brand online by reserving their brand name in the various Social Media sites.
Two things struck me like a brick:
1) There are a lot of Social Media sites out there! If you consider the biggies you’re talking about at least 20 sites. This includes Blogging sites (Posterous, Tumblr, Blogger, WordPress.com), Bookmarking sites (Delicious, Mixx, StumbleUpon, Squidoo), Business sites (Spoke, eBay, Sphinn), Social Networking (Facebook, Slideshare, MySpace), News (AllTop, Newsvine, Digg), Video sites (YouTube, Vimeo, Revver) and many more. If you go into many of smaller or niche sites, this can add up to over 100.
2) As much as I love filling in registration forms…this can turn into quite a few hours of work. Not just figuring out which sites to fill in but actually typing in the info, and (in my case), potentially getting hung up when I have to check with the client on a missing field or two.
There has to be a better way, right?
Well, enter Knowem. They have various packages but the one that made the most sense to me for what I was trying to accomplish was this:
- $99 individual package
- Over 100 Social Networks
- They initiate the sign-up, grab the name (the most important part for me) and set up the password
- You respond to the emails (e.g. confirm and in some cases add a small amount of data)
- KnowEm’s US-based staff fill in the basic info for you and save you a ton of time for that $99
The benefits are:
- No figuring out which sites to register with – they do that for you
- Just one main form to fill out
- You pick the username (your brand)
- You confirm the emails – most are just click on a link – a few involve one or two minor steps
I recommend you use a separate email account for this process but that’s up to you – I just opened up a new email address that I’ll now use to manage these accounts (only as I need to).
Their business plan ($249) looks very good as well as it includes completing the profiles and adding pictures and they have a corporate plan as well.
*Affiliate Disclosure: The links above are affiliate links but I think it’s such a great value I was writing this post before I decided to join the program (I only recommend what I believe in)
Check them out: Knowem LLC