To lend perspective on your social media marketing efforts, it helps to understand the size and growth rates of the different social media platforms. The following infographic helps you understand where the different platforms fit into the social media pantheon. Some highlights include:
- The Size Leaders: Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- The Rising Stars: Foursquare, Instagram and Tumblr
- The Steady Freddies: Flickr, LinkedIn, Xing, Yelp
- The Child Prodigies: Path, Pinterest and Soundcloud
- Cooling Off: Friendster, MySpace, Orkut
The Social Media Statistics for 2012:
Infographic Courtesy of Silverpop.com
Which Social Networks are you using?
Which Social Networks are you using for your business and are you making traction? Let us know in the comments.
Tom Treanor is the founder of the Right Mix Marketing blog. He’s the author of the Search Engine Boot Camp, the co-author of Online Business Productivity, and regularly speaks at industry and corporate events. His writing has been featured on the Content Marketing Institute, Social Media Examiner, Copyblogger and other leading industry blogs.