As mentioned in previous post, getting your site indexed by the top 3 search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing) is a critical part of having your site found by searchers on the Internet. To put it simply, indexing means getting your site and all (or most) of it’s pages listed in the search engine’s database. If your site and the key pages are already indexed there is no need to resubmit.
1) Check if your site is indexed by Yahoo. There are two ways:
- Go to Yahoo.com and insert:
- Or, go to the Yahoo Site Explorer and type in your URL
2) If your site is not indexed, there are several ways to submit it here:
3) Another option is to add your RSS feed (if you have one) to your MyYahoo. You can do this in addition to the other site addition tools above (some are free, some have a charge).
Tom Treanor is the founder of the Right Mix Marketing blog. He’s the author of the Search Engine Boot Camp, the co-author of Online Business Productivity, and regularly speaks at industry and corporate events. His writing has been featured on the Content Marketing Institute, Social Media Examiner, Copyblogger and other leading industry blogs.