- As of July 2011, there are an estimated 164 million blogs (from 3 million in 2004)
- 27% of bloggers are full time bloggers
- About 2/3 of bloggers are male
- The US has about 49% of the blogging population worldwide
- 5% of the blogs are business-focused and 14% are focused on technology or Internet marketing
- Traffic sources: 41% Search Engines, 28% Social Media, 20% Referring Sites
- WordPress is used by about 40% of the blogs (not noted whether WordPress.org or WordPress.com)
- Top 3 most popular sites for Social Networking (and sharing content): Facebook, Twitter, Linked In
Infographic by – Conversion Rate Optimization Company Invesp
Many thanks to Invesp for pulling together the data in this helpful infographic.
Note: If you want to improve your blogging, we recommend ProBlogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog (affiliate) as an awesome program to follow.
Tom Treanor is the founder of the Right Mix Marketing blog. He’s the author of the Search Engine Boot Camp, the co-author of Online Business Productivity, and regularly speaks at industry and corporate events. His writing has been featured on the Content Marketing Institute, Social Media Examiner, Copyblogger and other leading industry blogs.