After starting a business, it is important to plan all the marketing and sales activities to reach more people and expand. With a ton of businesses emerging every week, most with the aim of offering services cost-effectively, beating the competition is difficult. This is where marketing solutions come into the picture.
Research firm Frost & Sullivan has predicted that marketing automation software market will be worth $1.9 billion by 2020. If you in the field of digital marketing, you must have definitely heard of HubSpot. With a ton of marketing resources such as eBooks, certification courses and training programs, HubSpot is gradually carving a niche of its own and surely gaining a reputation among sales professionals.
So, even though HubSpot is great and is used by over 21,000 customers across 90 countries, it is definitely not a one size fits all tool. It is an expensive service and so most of the small businesses cannot afford it. Though it provides a bunch of really good features, some of them are just not required by small enterprises.
Considering this, we have rounded up 8 of the best marketing automation software tools that are currently available in the market.
Marketo is a cloud-based marketing automation software and works well for mobile marketing engagement, targeted social media advertising, and smart list subscriptions. It is better suited for mid-level to enterprise-level companies who want to align customer engagement with their business goals. Companies like Panasonic, Nokia, and General Motors use Marketo for fulfilling their marketing needs.
- Based on the needs, customers can choose one or more packages from the five bundles (Lead Management, Email Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Customer Base Marketing, and Mobile Marketing) that they offer.
- In case you are stuck somewhere need help with troubleshooting, Marketo has a very active community called “Marketing Nation”
- It comes with strong A/B testing (Split testing) capabilities that help you better optimize your marketing campaigns
- Their mobile marketing solution allows you to interact with consumers based on their behavior, app activity, and location
- For personalized retargeting of ads, Marketo allows companies to connect customer’s behavioral data to Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and other ad platforms
InfusionSoft is an affordable market automation software with packages starting from just $199. Presently, it is used by over 23,000 businesses including CleanCorp, Milkhouse Candles, and Presidential Pools as their marketing solution.
Before starting to use InfusionSoft, you need to opt for one of the mandatory kickstart packages which start from $499 and go up to $1,999.
- It is exclusively designed for small and medium-sized business and will help you irrespective of whether you have an online or offline store
- It offers 24/7 live chat support
- You can integrate CRM with a number of e-commerce tools like a customizable storefront, shopping cart function, and order history
- It also comes with an easy drag and drops, canvas style layout for building campaigns
Eloqua is a cloud-based marketing solution provided by the tech-giant Oracle. It is mainly targeted towards business-to-business(B2B) and combines various features like demand generation, email marketing, targeting, segmentation, campaign management, and lead management in a single platform. It is well-suited for companies who wish to execute full-fledged marketing campaigns and have in-house technical resources. Some of its popular clients are Colombo, Invacare, and Network Ten.
3 pricing tiers, Basic, Standard, and Enterprise are available. To get the specific pricing details, you will need to contact Oracle but it costs somewhere around $2,000 per month.
- It allows you to create targeted campaigns via multiple channels like email, social, mobile, web and search and analyze their effectiveness using built-in analytical tools
- Because of Oracle’s network with over 500 vendors like WebEx and SalesForce, Eloqua integrates seamlessly with around 700 applications.
- You can score accounts based on actions and intent, thanks to its predictive analysis feature
- With real-time insights, you can efficiently respond to sales inquiries
- There is a listening framework for marketers to listen to any changes on lead scoring or new contacts.
Engagebay is a highly affordable, feature intensive sales and marketing software that helps in marketing automation, funnel management, lead management, and CRM. If you wish to acquire, engage and nurture your leads and convert them into paying customers, all at an affordable price, Engagebay can be the perfect solution.
Its basic package starts from just $6.99 per month(Annual billing) and is rated 4.5/5 by users on Capterra.
- Unlike most of the marketing solutions, Engagebay is fairly easy to use and beginners can easily get used to its intuitive UI
- It’s landing page builder allows you to easily build good looking pages without any coding knowledge
- It has a great customer service team which is always prompt in their replies
- Engagebay also provides SEO tools to optimize your website and has a tool to monitor social media for mentions
5. IBM Marketing Cloud (Formerly known as Silverpop)
Originally founded as a B2B marketing solution in 1999, Silverpop was later acquired by IBM and expanded and enriched with features to compete with existing marketing automation options. Companies like Air Newzeland, Paper Style, and EDR use IBM Marketing Cloud.
Though the service is only made available upon request, you can expect it to cost around $2,000.
- With the visual mapping capabilities, you can easily visualize the customer journey which can help in better planning and strategy building
- It offers lead scoring, lead acquisition, email marketing, and nurture marketing services
- IBM Marketing Cloud offers better analytical and reporting capabilities that most of its rivals
- Based on purchase history, customer’s site activity and other parameters, you can insert product recommendations and other customizations in real-time.
6. Adobe Marketing Cloud
Introduced in the digital space in 2012, Adobe Marketing Cloud has slowly been getting momentum. It is one of the best business management software that is designed to offer efficient support for organizations of all sizes. Companies like Ford, Panasonic, and Marriot have found success with Adobe Marketing Cloud.
Depending upon the size and needs of your company, the pricing will differ for the service.
- The marketing suite comes packed with 8 different solutions that will take care of all your needs. They are Analytics, Audience Manager, Campaign, Experience Manager, Media Optimizer, Primetime, Social, and Target.
- It lets you easily handle cross-channel marketing bundled with an intuitive, user-friendly experience
- Centralized team collaboration features make data available to each agent at any time, thus helping in seamless project management
- Media Optimizer predicts the best combination of search, display, and social ads on the basis of your budget.
SharpSpring is a comprehensive marketing automation tool that is mainly designed by keeping agencies in mind. It is completely re-brandable and lets you manage multiple clients under one hood. EasyFish Marketing, HiveTracks, and Sachs Media Group are some of the many agencies who have been using SharpSpring as their sole marketing automation software.
Based on the number of contacts, it offers four packages ranging from $450 to $875 per month.
- You can integrate with over 700 tools third-party tools, thanks to their integration with Zapier
- Unlike most of its competitors, SharpSpring provides unlimited users for all of its plans
- You get access to around 150 professionally designed templates and around 100 drag and drop templates and can also create times, exit intent, and 2-step-opt-in popups
- You can split landing pages and popups to increase the conversion rate
Wishpond is yet another affordable comprehensive marketing suite for all your business needs. Apart from marketing automation, the company also provides tools to develop landing pages, popups, and forms, contests and promos. Companies who found success using Wishpond include the Jane Goodall Institute, Blue Cross, and Go Eco.
Its pricing starts from $49 per month and goes up to $199 per month.
- It comes with a vibrant, intuitive UI and also has a highly responsive customer service team
- It’s lead management feature not only provides tools to attract leads but also keep them engaged with the product
- You can integrate easily with popular third-party tools like Slack, MailChimp, Salesforce, etc.
- Because of the pre-set page elements and code access, it is highly customizable
Depending on the size and requirements of your business, you can choose any of the tools mentioned above and reap benefits. All of them are really good. However, if you are looking for an efficient solution that will just cost lesser than $1 per day, Engagebay is definitely the best alternative.