Printing your brand onto low-cost promotional giveaway products is one of the best marketing strategies you can employ to drive new customers to your business and secure repeat customers. But to create the most effective marketing strategies for your promo items, you need first to consider several things.
Set Clear Aims and Objectives
From drinkware and T-shirts to desk supplies and USB flash drives, there are many different low-cost promotional products you can purchase to give away and generate brand awareness. For instance, at Promotions Warehouse, you will find the best promotional items to enhance your brand and marketing campaigns. Their products range from branded pens to promotional golf balls! But before you proceed with purchasing promotional items, it is vital you know what your objectives are. You can then set the appropriate marketing budget and ensure you buy the right kinds of promotional items for your marketing campaign. If you do not set objectives prior to purchasing promo products, you could end up wasting your money on things nobody wants.
To identify how much of your marketing budget to allocate to low-cost promotional products and to determine what types of products to invest in, ask yourself questions like:
- What is my ideal outcome for a promotional campaign?
- Am I looking to generate general brand recognition?
- Do I want to attract a few high-end value customers within a designated timeframe?
Choose a Functional Product
If you want to get the most out of your promotional product marketing strategy, it is vital you select branded promo items that are functional. There is one simple reason for that: functional items are used frequently, which means your brand will be seen regularly. For example, if you print your brand on an umbrella, and the giveaway recipient uses it every time it rains, not only will that person see your brand each time he or she pops up the umbrella. Your brand will be seen by lots of different people when the umbrella is carried through bustling streets. Other functional low-cost promo products you could choose include pens, calendars, and tote bags.
Choose a Product That Is Related to Your Business
To create additional marketing impact, choose a promotional product that relates back to your industry. By doing so, it is easier for potential customers to link that product with your brand, which means you can acquire new and repeat customers. For instance, if you work in the tech industry, you could give away USB drives or mouse pads with your brand printed on them. By choosing giveaway products that are both functional and related to your business sector, you will increase your customers and sales.
Choose a Long-lasting Product
In addition to choosing products that are functional and relevant, it is advisable to select items that will be used for a long time. Make longevity a top priority of the products you choose, and you are sure to see an increase in customers. So, buy promo items that can be used by people several times every week. The following types of promotional products are winners:
- Wearable Items: Hats, T-shirts, sunglasses, and other wearables will be worn frequently, so they are ideal items to promote your brand.
- Problem-solving Items: Any product that solves a problem will be frequently used. People always need refillable drink bottles and USB drives to make their lives easier.
- Environment-targeted Items: Environment targeting is about selecting a product that is designed with your customer’s home or work environment in mind. Desk supplies are a great example of environment-targeted promotional items.