There was a time when people used to reach their target audience organically through various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and the like. But, times have changed, and it is almost impossible to reach your eLearning audience organically, paid advertisements are the last resort.
Paid advertisements will help you reach the masses, but what about the conversion rate? A well planned and executed mobile and browser push notification strategy for eLearning might do the trick, and it is not as expensive as you think. Before we move ahead, let’s try to understand what push notifications are.
A push notification is a popup message that appears on your browser or mobile device. They work for every product/service, news, offers, and the best part is that the subscribed users will get them even if they are not logged in.
Types of Push Notifications
There are two types of push notifications:
- Browser Notifications – These are alerts that the users get in their web browsers. The beauty is that you’ll get all the benefits of push notifications without a mobile application.
- Mobile Notifications – Just like browser notifications, mobile notifications can send the latest updates and offers to users through mobile applications.
Benefits of Push Notifications
- Solve Privacy Issues – The users themselves opt for getting push notifications, so there are no privacy concerns. The tricky part is that iOS devices do not allow the applications to send push notifications by default (the users have to themselves opt for them). In contrast, android devices can get the users to receive push notifications upon installation of the app.
- Valuable Data – The data and insights you get from push notification campaigns help you know your audience better and offer them what they want. For example, open rate and open time help you understand what grabs your customers’ attention and what adds value to their lives, respectively.
- Be Future Ready – As technology is developing, marketing strategies are also evolving. Use smart push notifications to increase user engagement and eventually turn them into customers.
Follow The Tips Given Below:
- Timing – Timing is everything here. First of all, avoid sending notifications to the users during their sleep hours. But, there’s more to it – you’ll need to figure out the best time when the users respond to your push notifications the most. It depends upon your user base and target audience. You’ll figure it all out automatically with time.
- Content – Push notifications need to be short and sweet, conveying the message precisely. Your content plays an important part here – consider adding a catchy or humorous phrase and a clear call to action button. Another essential element is to personalise your content to grab user attention quickly.
- Frequency – Once push notifications start working, the marketing team usually starts sending too many push notifications. This bothers the users, and such moves will eventually backfire. Do not increase the frequency too much that it starts bothering the users.
- Segmentation – Not everyone in your user base is similar; in fact, every learner has his own needs. For starters, you can segment your users based on age, industry, location, and the like. Gather more data and try to segment your user base for better results further.
- Don’t Be Pushy – Add value to users without being too pushy. Give them time-specific deals, exclusive offers, and an easy option to opt-out. The option to unsubscribe will give them a feeling that the steering is in their hands as they can unsubscribe whenever they feel like.
It is crucial to understand your users and what works for them. Once you know your target audience better, you’ll be in a better position to create push notifications that convert. Try to follow the information and tips mentioned above to get the most out of your push notifications marketing strategy.