Link building has been one of the most crucial steps in building a flawless digital marketing strategy. The process of building links includes the actions and steps taken to increase the overall number of inbound links redirected to the page of a brand. Qualitative link building allows your website to rank higher on search engines.
To be able to build unmatched backlinks for your website, you need the right tools to help you get started. The world of digital marketing is a virtual playground with new and advanced tools being introduced into the algorithm with every passing second; your business must keep up with all of the trends.
Several businesses have spoken up about how link building isn’t as effective of a digital marketing strategy as it used to be, however, the key remains in the kind of link acquisition strategy you put forward and the tools you use. Securing links is a mastery in itself and we’ve built this list exclusively for your use, to allow you to make the most of your digital marketing strategy with the help of the top 15 link building tools for the year of 2020:
A favourite of digital marketers all over the world, Ahrefs is the world’s largest backlinking index. But what sets Ahrefs apart from the rest of the link building tools available online? Ahrefs features all the advanced tools you could need for your backlinking process, whilst being equally convenient for any and every individual that doesn’t understand the technicalities of digital marketing. This can be crucial for businesses that don’t want to spend too much time and money on hiring a digital marketing agency.
- Easy keyword research
- Finds websites to link your content
- Tracks your growth
- SEO Audits
- Identifies and connects you to influential content
- Pricing: $99 – $999, depending on the number of users and payment option chosen (monthly or annually)
Majestic is the next crucial link building tool available in the market. Generally placed on the same platform as Ahrefs, Majestic does everything you’d expect a link building tool, bringing us back to the question, “What makes it different from the rest?” Not only does it allow you to find which websites link to your competitors and not you but you can also witness the trust flow of the backlinks, allowing you to judge the quality of every backlink.
- Allows you to judge the quality of backlinks for yourself
- Identify the unique domains you should be focusing on
- Citation flow
- It helps you understand the type of topics that are best for building backlinks.
- Pricing: Starts from $49.99, increasing with the number of users and payment option chosen
If you’re hoping to build links with influential bloggers and authors, BuzzSumo is the portal for you. BuzzSumo holds options for filtering out details for much more than backlinks, allowing you to make the most of your subscription. The crux of BuzzSumo lies in content marketing, but it can help you find the niche for your link building process as well.
- Discover influencers
- Identify impressions, engagements and links.
- Know about brand mentions that don’t link back to you (yet!)
- Pricing: $79 – $499+ per month
Cheap to use, Linkody is one of the finest tools you can receive within the price point offered. Since it is a user-friendly backlink tracker, it can be used by individuals that aren’t fluent with technical linguistics as well. With a decent link building index, Linkody can be the ideal tool for taking the baby steps into the world of digital marketing.
- Track top pages, not just websites
- Fine starter for link building
- Pricing: $14 – $139 per month
Some tools are worth the investment and Pitchbox is one of them. Easy to use and efficient in its ways, Pitchbox is a link building tool that allows you to walk through the outreach process easily. From the process of discovering prospects to the outreach, Pitchbox is the all-in-one solution you need.
- Integrated prospecting saves time in qualifying sites
- List building
- Pre-built campaigns (Blogger outreach, advanced search, etc.)
- Metric filters
- Pricing: $95 – $1,499+ through the year (depending on users and mode of payment)
6. Link Assistant
Similar to BuzzSumo, Link Assistant thrives on being able to provide a connection with influential sources such as bloggers, authors and resources. Of course, there’s a lot more to Link Assistant such as guest posting, link pages and even forum linking.
About Link Assistant:
- Prospecting lists
- Finding and building directories, blog rolls and resource linking.
- Customised/Personalised emails
- Distinguished through domain authority and age
- Pricing: Free for 1,000 prospects per page, with plans costing up to $299 per year
7. Moz Link Explorer
With over 40 trillion links available, Moz Link Explorer falls under the same category as Ahrefs and Majestic. Moz’s link explorer allows you to reverse engineer your competitor’s backlinks, allowing you to take advantage of the details available to you for a beneficial ranking on Google SERPs.
About Moz Link Explorer:
- Check Domain Authority
- Check Page Authority
- Linking domains
- Anchor text analysis
Pricing: $99 – $999 per month, depending on the number of users and the payment option chosen
GroupHigh is yet another link building tool that holds equal opportunities for content marketers. Not only does it allow you to reach out to social media influencers, bloggers and writers but it also gives you the incessant benefit of being able to review and measure content to see how truly impactful blogger outreach can be. As the world’s largest blog search engine, if you understand the functionality of GroupHigh, there are no limitations to how many links you can build with the tool over time.
- Find bloggers for outreach
- Content promotion
- Build your niche through metrics
- Link analysis
- Pricing: $179 – $499, depending on the plan of action you choose for your business
Known for its easy use, LinkMiner is a backlink checker tool that is capable of helping you in the identification of the backlinks of your competitors, allowing you to replicate them to be better and more well-researched. Not only will you be able to link social data together, but you can also export the data to make it appear in front of your eyes, all at the same time. This makes the process of link building easier for you.
- Identifying total and external links
- Embedded link previews
- Evaluation of backlink data
- Incorporation of different metrics for optimization
- Pricing: Free trial followed by the price point of $49 per month
Not to be confused with BuzzSumo, BuzzStream is an outreach platform that holds the services of building links, organic reach and a brand’s online presence. With easy research and efficient outreach, BuzzStream projects what it does in the name of its brand itself: It creates a buzz in your niche audience, making it easy for you to stream lists and manage relationships.
- Research and gather website and social metrics
- Personalised, relationship-based outreach
- Easy management of link-building prospects
- Pricing: Starting from $24 per month, the price variations will differ depending on the plan you choose to implement
One of the few link building tools in this list that is recommended majorly for technical users, Ontolo is a tool that’s preferred by most digital marketers. Although the tool is not necessarily one that can be used by everyone, it holds magnificent features that work efficiently for technical users.
- Blogger and influencer outreach
- Resource linking
- Prospecting tools, upload lists from other portals
- Detailed and refined listing of links, social media, guest posts, etc.
- Pricing: Starting from $96.99 – $297+ per month
No list of link building tools is good enough if it doesn’t have a couple of free tools mentioned in their top options. Besides LinkMiner’s free trial, Disavow is a free link building tool that allows you to disavow suspicious links from your business to allow you to build your credibility.
- A simple upload and disavow process
- Saves time
- List comparison
- Understanding and analysing which URLs will be disavowed (and which one’s won’t)
- Pricing: Free of cost
With the entire story of the tool in its name, NinjaOutreach is a link building tool that makes outreach unbelievably easy for your business. Along the same lines as BuzzStream and GroupHigh, NinjaOutreach has a massive influencer base whilst being SEO based. This allows most digital marketers to follow through with a fine link building strategy whilst also working on SEO side-by-side.
- Distinguishes results based on Domain Authority, Page Authority and number of backlinks
- Premade templates
- Clean interface
- Helpful features
- Pricing: $69 – $599 per month, depending on the plan you choose
Also known as the all-in-one marketing software, BrightLocal’s most important service is their ability to help you build citations. Citation building is a crucial part of building links for your website and alternatively, also helps with SEO. By tackling two birds with one stone, BrightLocal is a link building tool that allows you to make the most of the money you invest.
- Local search results checker
- Building local citations
- Prospecting and outreach
- Citation submissions
- Pricing: $3 for a site, $2 for a bulk
15. Monitor Backlinks
One of the best monitoring tools in the field of digital marketing, Monitor Backlinks does exactly what its name suggests. Due to its user-friendly interface, Monitor Backlinks is recommended for all of those that don’t know too much about the world of digital marketing. Monitor Backlinks pulls out link data from both Moz and Majestic, making it easy to access all data on one platform.
About Monitor Backlinks:
- SERP position tracking
- Detailed reporting and analysis
- Identifies black hat links
- Ideal for low budgeted backlinking
- Pricing: $25 – $144 per month, depending on the plan chosen
Understanding link building tools is crucial if you’re hoping to build your business’ credibility and ranking over search engines. If you aren’t able to understand the best tools for you, you will not be able to make the most of the services that you opt for.
If you’re still sceptical about the knowledge you’ve managed to gain from the above-mentioned list, you can choose to hire a digital marketing agency that is capable of using the finest backlinking tools for you. Clickmatix is an agency that allows you to opt for digital marketing services that fit your needs best, whilst also keeping you updated through every step of the way. With complete transparency, not only will you be able to gain an understanding of the marketing campaign, but you will also be able to build a successful link building campaign for your business.
Lyuthar Jacob is working as an assistant editor at digital marketing agency – Clickmatix.com.au. He is the type of geek who loves to write about Marketing, Money Saving, Lifestyle and Finance.