Want your sales funnel to be more profitable? Wondering how Facebook Lead Ads can help?
Well, you’re in luck because we asked a few well-reputed teams about how to optimize your Facebook ads for lead generation. And in this article, we outline everything you need to learn about Lead ads, how to set them up, and the best practices to follow.
What are Facebook Lead Ads?
Facebook Lead Ads are one of the common ad types that appear between posts on your Facebook News Feed. They are promoting either a product or service and contain a clickable button.
Facebook Lead Ads are designed to make the lead generation process easy. People click these ads and a form pops up, already pre-filled with the contact information they have provided to Facebook, ready to be sent directly to you.
This promo of BMW 5 Series is a classic example of a Facebook Lead Ad. It contains a message supported by an eye-catching image and a ‘Learn More’ button.
While offering a halts-free experience, these ads make customer acquisition easier and more cost-effective.
How to set up Facebook Lead Ads?
To create a Facebook Lead Ad, you need to have a Facebook Business Manager Account. The entire process can then be broken down into 18 simple steps:
Step 1: Log into your Business Manager.
Step 2: Head over to the Ads Manager. Where you create and manage all your Facebook Ads.
Step 3: Click the ‘Create’ button and choose the desired campaign objective.
Step 4: Name your campaign, the ad set, and the ad.
Step 5: Fill out the details as required.
- Name your campaign,
- Choose whether you would like to bid to reach your target audience (auction) for the lowest price possible, or would want to run the campaign on fixed price basis allowing Facebook to determine the cost for reaching your brand’s audience (reach or frequency).
- Name your ad set and save your campaign in the draft.
Step 6: Review your campaign, and look for any adjustments you would like to make I.e. setting a fixed ad budget or allowing Facebook to optimize your ad spend. Once you’re happy with the campaign settings, click head over to the ‘Ad Set’ panel.
Step 7: Choose the desired Facebook Business Page you’d like to run the lead generation campaign for.
Step 8: Set your daily or lifetime budget for the ad campaign and schedule when to activate your ad.
Step 9: Define your audience.
Step 10: Select a suitable ad placement option.
Step 11: Select your bid strategy and delivery type.
Step 12: Scroll back up and choose ‘Ad’ from the right-hand side.
Step 13: Set up your ad creative. You can either upload a single photograph or video or create a slideshow of images and videos on a carousel.
Step 14: Write your ad copy. This includes the headline, description text, and the CTA button.
Step 15: Hit the ‘Create Lead Form’ button and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
Pro Tip: Avoid asking for too many details or information that’s too personal. For example, if you’re collecting leads for your monthly newsletter mailing list, then
Step 17: Review your Lead Form.
Step 18: Publish your ad to take it live.
How to Increase Your Ad’s Click-Through-Rate (CTR)
Marketing Experts at various companies recommend these 10 tips that will not only help you maximize your ad’s reach, but also improve the CTR for your lead form:
- One of the best practices is to use a photo of a smiling person on your ad creative.
- The second and third most successful ad images are of babies and animals (this works great on all social channels).
- Experiment with odd or funny looking images. This can help grab your audiences’ attention and encourage them to click your ad for details.
- When writing ad copy remember to keep it short and simple). Avoid using complex imagery that users are just going to scroll over.
Best Practices for Writing Ad Headlines:
- Using currency and percentage signs in your headline, or words like ‘FREE’, ‘DISCOUNT’, ‘Sale’, etc. can attract the eye of Facebook users.
- Make sure your ad’s headline is eye-catching and communicating value. Your ad copy will encourage a click and guide your users on what to do.
Best Practices for Color and Other Details:
- Avoid using blue and white colors, as these colors blend into Facebook’s theme and you’ll be less likely to trigger a response.
- Try using bright and vibrant color schemes for your ad, as this will allow you to easily grab people’s attention.
- If your logo’s color scheme is likely to blend with Facebook, try adding a colorful border around it to make it more eye-catching.
- Always remember that the smallest details can have the greatest effect. So, you need to ensure that every part of your ad creative is designed to impress.
Primary Strategies for Generating Leads on Facebook
Sending Facebook traffic from a Facebook Ad to a Landing Page is one of the recommended ways to collect quality leads. These leads are more likely to convert into a sale. There are two ways to help you generate more leads via the Facebook Ad and Landing Page combination:
- Organizing contests: This has proved to be a big hit for most of the multinational brands out there. You too can create Facebook Ads where your contest prize is highlighted as the main element, and exclusively target people who are likely to click on it.
Use email-gated content. You can attract more sales by sharing content that offers value to your audience. E-mail-gating your content pieces I.e. an e-book, a case-study, whitepaper or a how-to guide can help you trigger a positive response.
About The Author:
Shawn Mike provides ghostwriting and copywriting services. His educational background in the technical field and business studies helps him in tackling topics ranging from career and business productivity to web development and digital marketing. He occasionally writes articles for Classic PDF Editor.
Disclaimer: All images are provided by the author.