I was recently interviewed by Media Shower as part of their Expert Interview Program. The topic was business blogging and how it helps companies (or people) to be more successful. Please click here to see the full interview.
In addition, here are some of the biggest mistakes I see newer business bloggers do. I’d love to hear your thoughts about big blogging mistakes in the comments below!
Biggest Business Blogging Mistakes:
- Posting a few times (or less), then quitting
- Posting very irregularly
- Posting very average content (and wondering why no one visits)
- Not providing much value to the reader
- Copying what everyone else is writing – playing it safe
- Having a very unattractive blog
- Not promoting the blog content (and often having no social media share buttons)
- Allowing spam comments – especially with bad links – to build up on your posts
- Posting on topics completely unrelated to your business, only for the purpose of getting traffic
- Posting too much about your company’s products and services
What else would you add?
There are a few key ones to start. What else would you add – please put them in the comments?
And don’t forget to check out the Media Shower interview as well!