You may have heard the old saying “fake it till you make it”, but do you know that it holds true for businesses too? If your new online business is having a hard time gaining traction, then there is no harm in taking the presentation up a notch so that it looks way bigger and powerful than it really is. The question is, how do you do that? Well, you can just follow these steps:
1. Design a Professional Website
Your website design is way more important than you think. A study of websites by researchers at Northumbria and Sheffield Universities revealed that 94% of website users’ first impressions are design related and they would mistrust a website going by the visual elements alone.
Now, if we know one thing about running a business, it’s that trust is extremely important to attract new customers and retain the ones you already have. So, you absolutely need a top-quality and professional-looking website if you want to institute your business as a reliable entity. This is because:
- A well-designed website allows you to showcase all your products in a professional manner which is one of the hallmarks of large corporations.
- Most people look up a service online when they need it. In fact, 97% of consumers looked online for local businesses in 2017 (source: brightlocal) which only goes to show how important it is for you to have a strong online presence.
- All the creditable and well-recognized businesses have sharp and creative websites. So, if you don’t have one, it can be difficult to convince your customers that you are a trustworthy brand that they can rely on.
2. Get a Professional Logo
What is one thing that all the big brands have in common? They all have iconic company logos that are easy to remember. Some good examples include Google, Coca-Cola, Nike, and Apple.
So, if you want to take your company to the top, then you must get a professional logo.
There are three main ways to go about it:
- You can find a good graphic designer in your area and ask them to design a logo for you
- You can use a freelancer or enter a design contest using 99 Designs
- You can use a logo generator by TailorBrands which is the cheapest solution
Once you have a logo you should place it on your website, business cards and social profiles.
3. Set Up a Help Desk Software
Customers often judge a company’s credibility on the basis of their customer service. In other words- customer experience is your key to success. So, by setting up different apps that can offer enterprise-level support to your customers, you can give an impression that yours is one of the most reliable businesses in the industry.
A good example of premium customer support software is Freshdesk. It’s basically an entire suite of help desk apps that cover chat, call centre, knowledge base, etc. which you can use to deliver top quality support to your customers. What’s more, you can start with basic versions of these tools and upgrade at a later point in time when your business is ready.
With Freshdesk, you can easily set up a call centre with both web and mobile channels and offer live chat service that can be managed by your agents. You can also use analytics to review the conversations/chats of your customers to make calculated business decisions. It’s easily one of the best ways to adopt a customer-centric policy which has become really important for the competitive businesses today.
4. Capitalize on Social Media Marketing
If you have been keeping social media marketing on the back burner or ignoring it all together, then it’s likely you have missed out on a number of opportunities already.
There are many reasons why every online business needs to use social media marketing today:
- It’s one of the cheapest forms of marketing that you can manage yourself. All you have to do is create your company’s account on all the major social media websites such Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and start sharing content that’s interesting or useful to your target demographic. Your main aim is to gain as many new followers/fans as possible on a daily basis.
- With an active social media presence, you can promote your brand limitlessly and tap into some of the biggest markets. After all, almost everyone uses social media today even though only a limited number of people watch TV, read newspapers, or listen to the radio.
- Social media offers opportunities to identify top influencers that can take your business to the next level by promoting it on their own channels. In fact, there are many reasons why small businesses should work with micro-influencers including better engagement, focused marketing, and excellent ROI.
5. Hire a Virtual Receptionist
How do you imagine a customer would feel if they called you and were greeted by a cheerful, professional receptionist? They are bound to be impressed, at least to some extent, won’t you agree?
If a company has a receptionist, it shows that it’s big enough to afford one. The problem is that it’s not easy for small businesses to hire a full-time receptionist to take the calls. This is where the “Ruby Receptionist” service comes in.
Ruby Receptionists are virtual or remote receptionists provided by a virtual receptionist service called Call Ruby that’s based in Portland, Oregon. You can subscribe to their service for a certain fee depending on your requirements and in exchange, you get a professional receptionist without breaking the bank. She will answer all your calls with a custom greeting (based on a script provided by you), take messages, forward calls, and even answer all the basic questions for your customers.
Since you are sent an email for every new call that’s logged in to the system, you can stay on top of all the activities without letting the calls distract you at work. You can even monitor your usage and review real-time reports online. As for the phone connection itself, you can either provide a phone number of your choice or have them assign a toll-free number to you.
When it comes to running a business, presentation is everything. Creating top-quality products and services isn’t enough, you also need to create a strong brand that people would want to be patrons of. There are many ways you can achieve that, some of which are discussed above for your help. Good luck!
Tim Ferguson is the contributors editor and staff writer at Right Mix Marketing. He oversees editorial calendar, product reviews and social media initiatives of the blog. You can get in touch with him on [email protected]