(Bookmark this page – you’ll need it at some point!)
Here are essential tools for maintaining, protecting and growing your WordPress website or blog
Back-up Your Site:
Are you backing up your site regularly to protect your valuable content? I use Backup Buddy to do regular back-ups (and it includes a virus scan program for extra peace of mind):
Fix nagging WordPress issues…inexpensively:
Do you have annoying formatting or plugin issues? Try this a la carte WordPress repair system. If they don’t fix it, you get your money back.
- WordPress Fixes a la carte: Got an annoying WordPress formatting issue or plugin problem? $39 per fix and they’ll credit you back if they can’t fix it (that’s a nice guarantee).
Protect Your Site from Hackers (or clean up an existing virus):
Hackers are attacking sites of all sizes. Get peace of mind with these monitoring and hack removal services.
- WP Security Lock – Regina and team did an awesome job of removing hacking from a client account that had massive amounts of hacking when I took on their marketing work.
- Sucuri – They have a comprehensive (and cost-effective) monitoring and removal program for multiple sites. I use their service to track several sites (and they have a nice plugin as well as part of the package).
Get Reliable WordPress Hosting:
You want a dependable host and solid support for your WordPress site. Call Bluehost to support to ask about transferring your site from another host.
- Blue Host – My favorite host (that I use today). I like the ease of use, easy wordpress installs (using Simple Scripts), ability to have host multiple sites per account and great 24/7 phone support.
- Host Gator – A lot of people like Host Gator and I have used to use it for some of my wordpress sites (and it worked just fine).
Upgrade your site’s look and feel with a new WordPress Theme:
Revamp your stale theme with an upgrade.
- StudioPress Themes – Great themes for small business. I have the developer’s kit and use the various themes for different projects. All of their themes are now responsive (which means they show up well in smart phones).
- Woothemes – Another set of great themes at a great price (click responsive for the ones that are mobile-friendly).
Install an Advanced Blog Commenting System:
This paid commenting system below pays off because it allows people to display their most recent post giving them more of an incentive to comment and building a community around other blogs that use Comment Luv. When you comment on other Comment Luv blogs, you leave a headline for one of your most recent posts (if you use the inexpensive premium version), increasing clicks back to your site.
- Comment Luv (Premium) – The WordPress comment tool that many of the top bloggers use (and that is used on this site)!
Get a Contact Form on Your Site:
- Contact Form 7: A popular free contact form. Be aware that people are starting to have problems with the once reliable form (but if it works on your site, it’s a good, basic way to get a form up).
- Gravity Forms at rocketgenius: Advanced forms for your site that allow you to customize multiple forms easily, allow you to redirect people to another page after they fill out your form and includes advanced email functionality.
Expand Your Blogging Horizons:
Once your Worpdress site is all taken care of, expand your blogging horizons with these two courses.
- Fast, Easy Blogging – learn the secrets to consistent and high quality blog posts. Plus additional Traffic secrets and tools. This is the Right Mix Marketing signature course.
- Write Like Freddy – A great and affordable guest blogging course (and community) designed to get you more traffic back to your site by posting on other, popular blogs in your niche. Delivered by Danny Iny.
Make Shortened Links For Your Site:
- Pretty Links Pro – create easy links for landing pages or redirects to other sites