- As of July 2011, there are an estimated 164 million blogs (from 3 million in 2004)
- 27% of bloggers are full time bloggers
- About 2/3 of bloggers are male
- The US has about 49% of the blogging population worldwide
- 5% of the blogs are business-focused and 14% are focused on technology or Internet marketing
- Traffic sources: 41% Search Engines, 28% Social Media, 20% Referring Sites
- WordPress is used by about 40% of the blogs (not noted whether WordPress.org or WordPress.com)
- Top 3 most popular sites for Social Networking (and sharing content): Facebook, Twitter, Linked In
Infographic by – Conversion Rate Optimization Company Invesp
Many thanks to Invesp for pulling together the data in this helpful infographic.
Note: If you want to improve your blogging, we recommend ProBlogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog (affiliate) as an awesome program to follow.