Welcome to my list of Resources to help you move faster and to be more effective. With rare exceptions (for industry standard tools), I only recommend tools here that I have used and really liked. It includes a mix of free and paid tools (some of which I’m affiliate for and highly recommend).
WordPress Fixes and PC (and Mac) Backups:
- MyPC Backup (for Macs too): I’ve compared it to so many other backup options and this is one of the best prices and has a great feature set.
- WordPress Fixes a la carte: Got an annoying WordPress formatting issue or plugin problem? $39 per fix and they’ll credit you back if they can’t fix it (that’s a nice guarantee).
WordPress Security and Hack Removal:
- WP Security Lock – Regina and team did an awesome job of removing hacking from a client account that had massive amounts of hacking when I took on their marketing work.
- Sucuri – They have a comprehensive (and cost-effective) monitoring and removal program for multiple sites. I use their service to track several sites (and they have a nice plugin as well as part of the package).
Facebook Fan Page design apps:
- Lujure - Lujure has a free option available and plans start at $30/month. This company is getting a lot of buzz and in addition to their free option, they just released their less expensive version (the one at ~$30/month).
- Shortstack - Shortstack is the company that several people mentioned when I asked for a favorite Fan Page app in the #Toolchat group that I’m a member of. Shortstack has a free option available and plans start at $15/month.
- Tabsite - Tabsite is the custom tab application that I’ve experimented with the most. It worked well for my earlier needs and has a free option available (with some limits to the functionality, like most free versions of apps have). Paid plans start at $5/month.
- Fan Page Engine - Fan Page Engine is one option that I found via some targeted Google searches. I include it here because it’s one of the few apps that don’t have a subscription pricing plan. You pay for a package that includes a certain number of templates, tabs and other options and licenses (e.g. a developer license includes white label branding). Packages start at $47.
- Dojo - Dojo is a late entry that was recommended by one of my contacts. I liked the look of it – have a look for yourself! There’s a free option for pages with less than 200 fans. Paid plans start at $19.95 per month.
- North Social - North Social is a popular Facebook application development company that has both standard packages (with several options) and custom fan page options. For their standard platform, they have a 14 day free trial available and the paid plans start at $19.99/month.
- Social Page Builder - Social Page Builder is another fan page design platform that has fairly inexpensive options. A free plan available while paid plans start at $10/month.
- Pagemodo - PageModo is another of the options that I’ve experimented with. When I was working with it, it had some fairly robust and attractive templates. Things change fast, so I’m sure they have even more options available now for you to try out. They have a free option and paid plans start at $6.25/month.
Social Media Tools:
- Hootsuite - a great Twitter and social media management and scheduling tool
- Tweetdeck - similar to Hootsuite
- Buffer - a new tool that allows scheduling of Tweets in a unique way. Can be used in conjunction with Hootsuite or Tweetdeck
- Social Buzz Club - Try a free trial of their service and you’ll get hooked. A great way to increase the distribution reach of your blog posts, webinar invitations, videos or other content!
- Knowem LLC - Protect your brand by getting signed up with your public username on a huge number of social networking sites.
Get your hosting for WordPress here. You can also buy your domain names through them or go to a service like GoDaddy and just “point” the domain name to your host (note: I prefer these two hosts over GoDaddy hosting).
- Blue Host - My favorite host (that I use today). I like the ease of use, easy wordpress installs (using Simple Scripts), ability to have host multiple sites per account and great 24/7 phone support.
- Host Gator - A lot of people like Host Gator and I have used to use it for some of my wordpress sites (and it worked just fine).
- StudioPress Themes - Great themes for small business. I have the developer’s kit and use the various themes for different projects.
- Woothemes - Another set of great themes at a great price
SEO / Keyword Research:
- Market Samurai - The industry standard keyword research tool. Free trials available and the actual price is very affordable.
- SEO Moz (with 30 day trial) – awesome set of SEO tools for any business, small to large
- Google Keyword Tool - A good, free keyword research tool from Google
SEO Tools Lists:
Domain name research:
These are two great tools for domain name research! Okay, there. Now you know my secret!
- Domize - near instant results for domain availability as you type the letters – very cool!
- Wordoid - allows you to specify what you want the domain to contain and it makes a variety of different domain names for you (you need to try it!)
- CurationSoft - Inexpensive and easy to use content curation tool (free trial available)
Affiliate Program Set-up:
- Omnistar Affiliate Software – Helps companies to set up and manage an affiliate program.
- 7Search - Great, inexpensive search solutions when you’re tired of paying the high prices for Google Adwords.
- Social Buzz Club - Awesome system to distribute your content via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Digg and StumbleUpon. You are not obligated to share any content that you don’t approve of (so it’s all voluntary unlike other systems)
- Favicon Generator - The little picture to the left of your website’s URL is a special format “.ico” file. Create one (and have your developer insert it or find out how to change your favicon for your platform)
- Facebook Page Creator - Tabsite is an easy-to-use page generator to create a Facebook business or fan-page
Write Like Freddy (by Danny Iny)
Write Like Freddy course for better writing, guest blogging and more traffic.
How To Start a Blog That Matters (by Corbett Barr)
Industry Leading Blogging Training:
- Fast, Easy Blogging – learn the secrets to consistent and high quality blog posts. Plus additional Traffic secrets and tools.
- Guest Blogging (Jon Morrow) – amazing course on guest blogging. Jon is a great teacher.
- Write Like Freddy (Danny (Iny) – Danny Iny (Firepole Marketing) teaches you how to use his techniques that got him the nickname the “Freddy Krueger of Blogging” for his prolific blogging and guest blogging
- BlogWorld and New Media Expo - A great place to learn everything about blogging – either live (2x/year) or via their virtual ticket. (next one is in January in Las Vegas)
- How to Build a Blog that Matters (Corbett Barr of ThinkTraffic) – How to build a blog that changes other people’s lives and attracts a large following
- Problogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog (31DBBB) - an awesome curriculum to follow to improve your blog one activity at a time. Make the changes daily or weekly or at whatever cadence works best for you.
- Kikolani’s (Kristi Hines) Ultimate Blog Promotion Guide - another essential. An insightful and resource-filled guide from the knowledgeable Kristi Hines
All in One Social Media Training:
- Social Networking Academy – from the basics to advanced techniques. Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and a lot more in here. For people who are serious about getting moving.
- Facebook Ads Insider – Amy Porterfield’s great training (and support group) for Facebook Ads – very powerful for small business (I’m a customer)
- FB Influence - Facebook Influence training from Amy Porterfield and Lewis Howes
Pinterest for Business:
- Pinterest for Business training
- Linked Influence - One of the best (or the best) LinkedIn courses available
- Video Traffic Academy - Lewis Howes’ video marketing course