Guest Post for Right Mix Marketing
Interested in writing a guest post for us?
We accept high quality guest posts that help our audience learn about a new topic, provide a unique or compelling point of view, or describe a new tool or technology. In exchange, you get exposure to the Right Mix Marketing audience, both on the blog and in social media (as we share your post broadly). You also get a byline including a description of your company or program and a “do-follow” link to your site (subject to our approval).
If you’re new at Guest Blogging or want to improve your abilities, you may want to watch this great webinar by Danny Iny on the topic:
For my personal perspective on guest posting, please read this post. I’ve grown a lot by posting on other blogs, including Copyblogger.com and Problogger.net:
- Online Marketers
- Small Business Owners
- Corporate/Company Employees (social media managers, executives and management)
Good Topics for Right Mix Marketing:
- Facebook Marketing, Tips and Tools
- Twitter Marketing, Tips and Tools
- Pinterest Marketing, Tips and Tools
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Local online marketing (e.g. Yelp!, Foursquare)
- WordPress and associated topics (e.g. hosting, plugins)
- Website and related topics (e.g. conversion, list-building)
- Email Marketing Strategy
- Time Management
- Online sales strategy
- Blending online and offline strategy
- Motivational (business) posts
- (feel free to suggest other ideas/topics)
Posts That Work Well:
- How-to posts
- High quality list posts (e.g. best tools for doing a certain thing)
- Marketing Strategies
- Tools and Technology posts
- Case studies or examples
- Video posts
Here are some posts that have done well here (written by us and guests):
The post has to be well researched and written. Typically posts are between 600 and 1000 words but shorter or longer posts can work, depending on the topic. I’ve gotten some posts that are basically “filler” content – including the right buzzwords but not really teaching anything meaningful or putting forth a unique perspective. Please try to draft up a post that really adds value to the readers.
The post should be:
- Original (not published on any other blog or website, before or after publication here)
- Complete – have an opening, key points and a closing
- High quality – teaching something valuable
- Don’t forget your personality. We like to have fun while we work!
How to submit your post idea (use the form below):
- Submit 2-3 post ideas
- Include links to at least two other guest posts you’ve done for other sites (or if you have none, quality posts from your blog – I welcome first-timers!)
If your post idea is accepted:
- We’ll let you know which post idea will work best for the site.
- Posts can be submitted in Microsoft Word or in the body of an email
- Once you’ve written you post, we may make minor changes to the title and the basic content. We may also ask for some re-writing, addition or removal of some portions.
- We will provide you the opportunity to comment on the changes (if you have any issues).
- You can provide a 2-3 sentence author byline to be run at the end with a link to your site. I’ll also call out your name at the beginning of the post.
- We’ll select a picture to use with the post.
- We expect guest posters to follow up with commenters. That’s a great way to grow your community and to get your name out there. If you don’t want to comment, please don’t submit your post.
- We generally will run your post within 1-3 weeks (faster than many other blogs), so that should be attractive to you!
- We expect you to help promote your post – that’s a win-win as more visitors means more people getting exposed to your brand and writing!
We’ve put this process out as a way to set expectations and to get a better match between potential guest posters and the Right Mix Marketing blog. You’ll notice that our posts get a large number of shares and the site has strong SEO (and we’ll help optimize your post).
Submit Your Post:
If you’re interested in submitting ideas for a guest post, please use the form below to submit:
- 2-3 post ideas
- Your site to be linked to
- Your email address
- Links to 2-3 guest posts from other sites (or posts from your blog)
We look forward to reading your submission!