If your new friend is using too much foul language, sharing too many political views or pitching you too many products or services (or any of the other reasons people unfriend people on Facebook) then it may be time to drop this new connection!
They don’t receive a notification that you unfriended them, but their are at least two ways they might realize you’re no longer a friend:
- If they look at their friends list, you won’t be there.
- If they look at your profile, they’ll see “add as friend”.
So, if you’re ready to unfriend someone in Facebook, here’s how you do it.
Unfriend in Facebook Method 1: On their status update (pictured below)
- You may see an annoying status update in your newsfeed and decide that “enough is enough”!
- Hover over their name
- See the “friends” box
- Hover over that and see (and click) the “unfriend” link near the bottom
Unfriend in Facebook Method 2: On their Timeline
- Go to that person’s timeline
- At the top right, you’ll see a “friends” box
- Hover over that and find “unfriend” near the bottom
Another Option – Stay Friends by “Unsubscribing”
Follow these steps to “unsubscribe” from someone’s updates or to selectively allow or disallow certain kinds of content from them.
1) Click on “Hide” by hovering over the arrow to the right of one of their posts
2) Click “Change what updates you get from (person)”
3) Select what updates to receive or completely “unfollow” their news
How do you plan to use this? Is there anyone you’re going to Unfollow on Facebook?
Let me know in the comments!