Did you know that only a portion of your Facebook Business Page fans see any given post? Yes, it’s true. Facebook uses an algorithm called “EdgeRank” to determine who to show your content to. The same algorithm impacts your personal content as well.
What Makes Up Facebook EdgeRank?
There are three main components of EdgeRank:
- Affinity – the relationship between you (the content sharer) and the potential viewer of the content
- Weight – a different weight given to any given type of content (pictures, video, text, links, etc.)
- Time Decay – posts lose value over time (and slip out of user’s newsfeeds)
How do you fight EdgeRank?
- Post regularly – regular posting can keep people engaged, make your page seem active and potentially reach more of your fans
- Keep your posts short – people prefer short posts that can be read and responded to quickly
- Use pictures and video – people love pictures and good videos can get people to react
- Ask people for input, opinions, to like or to share – people are more prone to act if asked
- Consider sponsored posts for important messages (learn more about Facebook Ads)
The following infographic provides more details and data about Facebook’s EdgeRank formula. Have you had trouble reaching the fans of your pages? Let me know in the comments below!
Did you know this about Facebook? Are your fans getting your message?
Have you had trouble reaching the fans of your pages? Let me know in the comments below!
Also, in addition to checking out Post Rocket, see our Fan Page Resources here.